Thursday 8 November 2018

HOLIDAY SNAPS

I was talking to Mike today. He's off to Wellington soon and will be staying with Chris and Sue.
I believe that Richard and Shelley will be coming around for dinner so he'll be able to hear all about the Italian Campaign.


Richard apparently has threatened promised to put on a slide show of his holiday snaps. kind of like what people did in the 1950s and 60s.



I guess that as Richard's latest photographs are all digital he'll be able to show them on a computer screen. He may of course, since he'll have a captive audience, bring out old slides of his holidays in the 60s and 70s - resplendent in his red corduroy trousers, hippie necklace and vinyl jacket.




****************


While we were talking, Mike and I reminisced about the photos we took when we were young and it turns out that we both used colour slides. I think that this was because they were much cheaper than having colour prints made. Mike says that he has hundreds of slides from his OE experiences in the 1970s and I have, somewhere hundreds from the 1970s that I took after buying my first decent camera - a Praktica SLR 35mm.





Mike says that he still has a slide projector and is going to get it going and look at his slides.



I don't have one of these and don't know how I'll view my slides if I find them. They are likely to be in a box somewhere that hasn't been opened for 40 years. I'm keen to see them though as no doubt there will be some nice family snaps.

I'm a bit of a Luddite regarding technology but there must be a simple way of transferring the slides to digital. A quick Google search came up with professional companies doing this for $1 a slide. I don't think I'll take up that offer and will look on Trade Me for a machine that can do this.


4 comments:

  1. "I was talking to Mike today".
    Wow really, hey everyone Peter actually knows Mike!
    Then he says " Hey look everyone I'm so lonely up here that I've nothing better to do than share gossip" Peter touches his nose and winks.
    "Mike is going to visit an old friend in Wellington who is Robert's oldest brother"
    Really, really wow wow ...!
    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robert said:

    ""I was talking to Mike today".
    Wow really, hey everyone Peter actually knows Mike!
    Then he says " Hey look everyone I'm so lonely up here that I've nothing better to do than share gossip" Peter touches his nose and winks.
    "Mike is going to visit an old friend in Wellington who is Robert's oldest brother"
    Really, really wow wow ...!
    God bless you."

    Don't try sarcasm Robert when you lack a sense of humour and writing skills.
    Stick to your dumb religious shit that doesn't tax any brain cells.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I do know Mike and your brother Richard. I was talking to both of them today about a mutual friend of ours who is very sick in hospital.
    Is that enough gossip for you Robert?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be coming up Monday or Tuesday - probably by car.

    ReplyDelete